Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 30. September 2021

Experimenting gel printing on fabric

 




 Ciao! 😊 


A few months ago I bought, from the Cards Und More shop, a tool I wanted for a long time: the Gel Press! I didn't have enough time to test it immediately but, in the last period, I'm starting to use it assiduously, experimenting with mediums and materials of all kinds.

In this post I show you how I decided to try to make prints on the fabric, in this case a (minicotton tote bag.

The procedure is really simple and has no fixed rules.

I started by spreading acrylics (and distress... why not?) on the gell press using a roller.
I chose to make a shaded base of various shades of green and to use yellow for highlights.

After the first layer has dried, using stencils, I created focal points with the second color. 
I also decided to use the leftover of the color that remained in the stencil so, placing it on a new place, I spread the color using the brayer. Same thing for the back of the stencil.
I continued like this, on both sides of the tote bag, until I was satisfied with the texture.

After waiting for everything to dry, I chose the side with less texture and I created a black mandala, using another stencil. At first I tried using stazon ink but the result was too "clean" so I decided to create a more distressed effect by spreading black acrylic with a palette knife and, at the end, making splashes.

Satisfied with the result, I let everything dry... And, then, I hung the bag near my workbench filling it with products to test! :)


















Used products:

Hope you liked it and got inspired... See you super soon for a new blog post!


Michela



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Google-Produkt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet. Es gelten die Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen für Googleprodukte. Durch das Setzen eines Häkchens vor „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“ könne Sie Nachfolgekommentare per E-Mail abonnieren. Laufende Kommentarabonnements können jederzeit durch das Entfernen des Häkchens oder über einen Link in der Benachrichtigungs-Mail abbestellt werden.

This blog is created using the Google's Blogspot service and is hosted by Google. Google’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. You can subscribe to follow-up comments via email by checking the box „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“. To unsubscribe you can either uncheck the box or click the corresponding link in the notification e-mail.

Challenge #67 - Anything Goes

Hallo liebe Cards und More Freunde, wir haben heute wieder eine neue Challenge für Euch. Dieses Mal gibt es ein Board für euch, das euch zur...