Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2019

Staring at the Sea...

 Ciao! 😊 




There is about a month until the summer holidays but my mind is dreaming about the sea... so here's my altered scallop!


After a coat of black gesso I begin to trace an irregular line using a mix of gesso, white glue, beads and tea grain ( you konw I'm mad about recycling) trying to create a DIY texture paste. My goal was to simulate the sea shore.


After a quick dry using my heat gun I attached some smaller sea ​​shells on the right side, just above the line I've created, painting them black as well.

At this point I've started coloring everything using Distress Oxide from the set #2. For the sea side and the shells I've choosed Antique LinenFrayed Burlap and Wild Honey; instead, for the sea, I've decided to use Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers.

To give more depth I also added some other accents using Pebeo watercolors and White Gesso

As last touch for the coloring process was to add some splashes and dry brush strokes using gesso (I wanted to recreate sea ​​foam).

While I was waiting for everything to dry I printed and cutted the quote "Staring at the Sea" aging it a little bit with Vintage Photo and Stazon Jet Black. 

Just a two touches of hot glue... and the project for today is finished!







Hope you liked it and got inspired... See you super soon for a new blog post!


Michela

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Google-Produkt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet. Es gelten die Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen für Googleprodukte. Durch das Setzen eines Häkchens vor „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“ könne Sie Nachfolgekommentare per E-Mail abonnieren. Laufende Kommentarabonnements können jederzeit durch das Entfernen des Häkchens oder über einen Link in der Benachrichtigungs-Mail abbestellt werden.

This blog is created using the Google's Blogspot service and is hosted by Google. Google’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply. You can subscribe to follow-up comments via email by checking the box „Ich möchte Benachrichtigungen erhalten“. To unsubscribe you can either uncheck the box or click the corresponding link in the notification e-mail.

Challenge #67 - Anything Goes

Hallo liebe Cards und More Freunde, wir haben heute wieder eine neue Challenge für Euch. Dieses Mal gibt es ein Board für euch, das euch zur...